Meetings

February 2017

Attendees:

  • Michael R.
  • Spence C.
  • Kevin W.
  • John M.
  • George S.
  • John P.
  • Donald N.
  • Ray R.
  • Virgil
  • John ? (New guy)

Topics:

  1. Spence gave his presentation on iNotify.
  2. Spence demoed his new Lenovo Chromebook 11e.
  3. Ray brought two Arduino Lilypads and passed them on to two members for potential projects..
  4. There were a few discussions on WISP technologies and companies in the area.

January 2017

Attendees:

  • Michael R.
  • Michael S.
  • John M.
  • John D.
  • John ?.
  • Donald N.
  • Spence C.
  • Kevin W.
  • George S.

Topics

  1. John M. brought in his Raspberry Pi3 with an attached touch screen running Raspbian and its new desktop environment
  2. Spence C. announced his upcoming presentation of iNotify for the SMLUG February meeting.
  3. The group discussed concepts of IPv6 and non-routable address space. (i. e. (fc00::/7) fdxx:xxxx:xxxx)
  4. An open discussion was held on the Pros and Cons of driverless vehicles.
  5. We talked about the benefits of using a swap file over a swap partition on a Linux system.

Previous meetings of 2016

November 2016

Attendees:

  • Michael
  • John M.
  • John
  • Donald
  • Spence
  • Ray
  • Virgil
  • George

Topics

  • A date, time, and place were decided for the December meeting.
  • A debate was held on the benefits of compiled applications versus software repositories in large scalable environment.
  • Testing was performed on the meet.jit.si conferencing software to see how it could be used in remote meeting attendance.
  • October 2016

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • John M.
    • John
    • Spence
    • Ray
    • Virgil
    • George

    Topics

    • Notes not added.

    September 2016

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • John M.
    • John
    • Donald
    • Spence
    • Ray
    • Virgil

    Topics

    • Notes not added.

    August 2016

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • John M.
    • John
    • Donald
    • Spence
    • Ray
    • Virgil

    Topics

    1. Donald was having issues dual-booting his laptop Linux and Windows. Spence assisted him in resolving the issue.
    2. The SMLUG performed a test of the application called "RING". The test was a bit difficult to get started because of some difficulties exchanging the ring-id between laptop and phone devices, but successful connections were made. Later reports mentioned an increase in battery consumption with the application installed. Ring is still in its beta development lifecycle and more work still needs to done before its ready for general use.

    July 2016

    Attendees:

    • Eric Ladner
    • John Dahal
    • Donald Newcomb
    • John Moore
    • Michael Rainey
    • Stephen Berg
    • Spence

    Topics

    1. Discussed resizing filesystems on Raspberry Pi. resize2fs
    2. Discussed the PIHole.
    3. Griped about Windows10.
    4. Talked about Minix.
    5. Reminised the good old days of manually programming.
    6. Discussed the technology installed in new vehicles.
    7. Discussed IT Security in the world.

    June 2016

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • John D.
    • John M.
    • John
    • Spence

    Topics

    1. Spence talked about his trip to SELF and the talks he attended.
      1. Yubikey
      2. MariaDB
      3. Perconis
    2. John M brought in some videos show what he researches in his free time and a book used by Linux Torvalds to teach his courses.
    3. There was also talk about what tools are available in Linux for Amateur Radio Operators.

    May 2016

    Attendees:

    • George
    • John M.
    • Spence
    • John D.
    • Kevin
    • John
    • Jan
    • Michael

    Topics Discussed

    Spence was asking if anyone was interested in attending the Southeast Linux Fest in June. Not sure of the total going, but I hope plenty of pictures will be taken and shared with the LUG at the next meeting.

    Talk of holding the first SMLUG Linux workshop is still continuing. A quick poll of users like the idea but many questions still remain. 1.) Where to hold the workshop? 2.) What will the lesson plan be like. 3.) How do we get newcomers prepared for the class?

    John M brought in his new Pi-Top Laptop to show to the group.

    An on the spot troubleshooting task was given to the SMLUG. The problem: A local amatuer radio group lost their files for their website and could not recover them. How do they restore the website to as close to the original as possible. The solution: The SMLUG suggested utilizing the Wayback machine on the archive.org website. Granted getting the exact website might not be possible, but the page can be used to rebuild the layout.

    April 2016

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • Kevin
    • Mark
    • Peter
    • Spencer
    • Jan
    • John

    Topics:

    Spencer was inquiring about who would be interested in SELF as group trip.

    Michael was floating the idea of holding workshops for Linux projects. He is still working on getting feedback.

    March 2016

    Meeting notes not posted.

    February 2016

    Meeting notes not posted.

    January 2016

    Attendees

    • Michael
    • John
    • Kevin
    • Adrienne
    • George
    • Jan
    • Mark
    • Spence

    Topics Discussed

    A discussion was held in creating lecture for a Science Cafe Talk scheduled for March 5. LiveDVDs will be created to provide to those who attend the talk. It was also suggested to build a demo machine to allow anyone who attends an opportunity to test drive a Linux system.

    It was suggested a Facebook page be created to try and increase the visibility of the SMLUG in the local community. Adrienne took on the task of creating the page and completed in a very short time. Here is the link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/SMLUG/.

    Kevin brought in his Propel Quark Quad Copter to demo at the meeting. A video of its flight test can be found on the facebook page: Quark Flight Test

    Previous meetings of 2015

    December 2015

    The SMLUG held its meeting at Tony's Brickoven Pizzaria. No notes or attendance taken.

    November 2015

    Attendees

    • Michael
    • Jan
    • John
    • Spence
    • George
    • Donald
    • Pat

    Topics Discussed

    Plans were made to hold the December meeting at Tony's Brickoven Pizzeria on the 12th of December. Is it still considered a meeting if pizza and beer are present? It doesn't matter. Have food and beer, and will travel.

    Discussions were held in creating some LiveCDs for a lecture planned by Michael Rainey for sometime in the spring. John offered his assistance in creating the media and supplies. Since the lecture date has not been set, building the media is not a high priority at this time. The plan is to use the latest release of the LiveCD by the time of the lecture date.

    Pat was curious about some of the tools and utilities used to investigate the network activity of his Nintendo 3DS. The suggested to use were: nmap, tcpdump, traceroute, and wireshark.

    October 2015

    Meeting Notes Not Posted

    September 2015

    Attendees:

    • Michael
    • Jan
    • Adrienne
    • Bill and Son
    • George
    • Donald
    • Mike

    The first topic brought up for discussion was "What is the best distribution to use for new users of Linux?" The feedback from the LUG was an overwhelming suggestion to use Ubuntu.

    The second topic was about getting started with programming in Python. What are some good sources to learn Python? One suggestion was developers.google.com/edu/python

    The third topic of discussion was about Makerspaces. The same questions arose. How to get started and building up interest.

    Additional subtopics included:

    1. 3D printers took centerstage in the Makerspace discussion.
    2. 3D printed keys replicated from the TSA's master-key for luggage padlocks.
    3. 3D printed prosthetics.

    August 2015

    Meeting Notes Not Posted

    July 2015

    Attendees

    • Michael
    • Kevin
    • Jan
    • George
    • John
    • Donald
    • Spencer

    Introductions were made to John for his first meeting with the SMLUG.

    Donald brought a desktop to the meeting so we could help him setup a web server for his genealogy project.

    Discussions were held on the benefits of installing new firmware on your phone after the carrier discontinues support.

    June 2015

    Meeting notes not posted.

    May 2015

    • Michael
    • Kevin
    • Donald
    • Spence
    • Marshall
    • George
    • Jan

    Several topics were discussed during the meeting including drones and how the laws and regulations are changing that regulate how they can be used for both commercial and hobby use. Data pricing and what you get for the money was brought up and how the US compares to other countries. There was also discussion of what members are interested in and what projects the group may take on in the near future. We had seven members in attendance including one new to the group.

    April 2015

    Michael Flora arrived at the meeting to tell the LUG of his experiences at the Mobile Makerspace's open house in Mobile, AL.

    Michael Rainey spent some time talking about his experiences experimenting with with the ejabberd XMPP server. The big question was, how does SIP and XMPP intergrate with one another to allow for the same functionality as Ekiga, Linphone, or Skype.

    Jan Goff shared some of his experiences of enrolling in courses on EdX and Coursera. The easy availability of the online courses are great for expanding one's knowledge without having to pursue a full college degree.

    Attendees

    • Michael Flora
    • Jan Goff
    • George Stevens
    • James
    • Donald Newcomb
    • Michael Rainey

    March 2015

    Time was spent talking about the NOLA Mini Makerfaire. George, Jan, and Michael made the trip to New Oleans, LA to check out the displays and activities.

    February 2015

    Time was spent testing the Asterisk server and checking to see how it could be utilized by the SMLUG.

    January 2015

    Asterisk was the topic with much of the meeting spent setting up accounts for those attending. If you were unable to attend and would like an account you can email Kevin at wiske57@opensuse.us to request one. It was also considered that the group saddle up and make the trip to New Orleans for the Mini Maker Faire to be held Saturday, March, 7 from 10 AM til 5 PM. If you would like to attend with the group let Michael know by email at mjrainey@cableone.net as soon as possible.

    December 2014

    Christmas dinner at Slap ya Momma's BBQ in Gulfport was the meeting for this month. It also broke a several year long tradition of Christmas dinner at Tony's Brick Oven. Thanks to all who attended and hope to see everyone that couldn't make it at the next meeting. Everyone seemed to enjoy the cuisine at Slap ya Momma's BBQ but we'll have to see about next year.

    November 2014

    With Christmas right around the corner it was decided to break a tradition of several years and have Christmas dinner at Slap ya Momma's BBQ in Gulfport, see the homepage for details or send an email to Michael Rainey letting him know if you plan to attend. A couple of projects were discussed that the group may pursue this coming year. OpenVPN and Asterisk seem to have the most interest. Bring your ideas to the January meeting and lets make it a year of fun and learning.

    • Michael Rainey
    • George Stevens
    • Kevin Wise
    • James
    • Jan Goff

    October 2014

    A few turned out for this month's SMLUG meeting. Discussions included: what had happened to the Makerspace project, individual progress on obtaining certifications, and free online Linux training at the edx.org website.

    • Michael Rainey
    • George Stevens
    • Michael Flora
    • James

    September 2014

    Meeting notes not posted

    August 2014

    Meeting notes not posted

    July 2014

    Asterisk was demonstrated on a local server and it was decided to add Asterisk to the project section of the website and pursue it as a group project. There were several volunteers to present SMLUG at the "Geek-O-Nomicon in December and they will report their progress at the August meeting

    Attendess

    • George Stevens
    • Frosty
    • Kevin Wise
    • Alex Jackson
    • James
    • John Feldar
    • Michael Rainey

    June 2014

    At the meeting a discussion was held for the preparation of hosting booth and a InstallFest at the Geek-O-Nomicon. The Geek-O-Nomicon project has broken out into a subcommittee to allow all interested participants to get involved and make all important decisicions. It was decided to build a netboot system for the booth allowing for multiple ISOs to be available without the need for USB thumb drives or DVDs. It was also decided to attempt to reachout to some of the distro projects (i.e. Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSUSE) for possible LiveDVDs, banners, and additional swag to help with the promotion of Linux and the SMLUG. All interested parties should reachout to Alex Jackson to get involved.

    Also, time was spent discussing and working on the asterisk project. Alex graciously allowed the SMLUG to host an asterisk server on his VPS. It was decided to take the project one step at a time and just work on the basic VOIP server in the short term. Once the basic setup is completed additional features can be added. The rest of the meeting was spent working on some basic server configurations on the server and take asterisk for a spin around the block.

    May 2014

    At the May meeting there were several volunteers to setup and staff a display for the group at the upcomming Geek-O-Nomicon to be held at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center during the month of December, event details can be found through the link on the home page. Anyone else interested in helping at the event please attend the June meeting or send a message to the mailing list.

    There was further discussion of setting up an Asterisk server for communication within the group and a list of requirements was created for the proposed server. Research must now begin to determine if the proposed features can be met. Anyone interested in participating in the Asterisk project should make every effort to attend the June meeting or use the mailing list to let everyone know of their interest.

    Progress is also being made toward the creation a local Makerspace/Hackerspace and several members are planning to attend other Makerspaces/Hackerspaces already in existance that are within driving distance to learn how they are organized and governed to provide a better understanding of how these spaces can be started.

    Attendess

    • Juan Castillo
    • Lawrence Wheeler
    • Jack Hinton
    • George Stevens
    • Michael Flora
    • Kevin Wise
    • Alex Jackson
    • Jan Goff
    • John Feldar
    • Michael Rainey

    April 2014

    During the April meeting we had several visitors attending to have their first look at Linux through our ongoing Installfest. Most decided to install to a USB thumb drive with one making the decision to install it to their hard drive. All are using the Linux Mint distro with Xfce as a desktop environment.

    Interest in starting a Maker Space was the main topic of discussion during the meeting and it was decided to meet-up one hour in advance of the next meeting to decide how this might be done. If you are interested be sure and attend. The meeting will be held in the same room as our regular meetings at 1 PM.


    Attendess

    • Juan Castillo
    • Will Martin
    • Mark Aldridge
    • Ashton Manning
    • Michael Flora
    • Kevin Wise
    • Don Newcomb
    • Josh Charlton
    • Michael Rainey

    March 2014

    A member from the earlier days of the SMLUG, Bruce Bricker, decided to reaquaint himself with the group. He regailed us with tales of his engineering career and also some of his current home projects involving the Arduino and possibly the Raspberry PI.

    Frosty brought up four points of interest which the LUG could use to increase the visibility of the SMLUG.

    • Attend the geek-o-nomicon which is planned to held at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in December
    • Connect with the local media to help promote the SMLUG and promote Linux Mint as a viable alternative to the end of support of Windows XP
    • Hold an install fest for anyone interested in testing or using LInux Mint.

    It was decided to invite WLOX and the Sun Herald to the April meeting to introduce them to the SMLUG and an alternative to Windows.

    Xubuntu will be promoted at the next install fest.

    Attendess

    • Bruce Bricker
    • Kevin Wise
    • George Stevens
    • Michael Flora
    • Frosty
    • Keith Davis
    • Michael Rainey

    February 2014

    Febrauary's topic was the SMLUG web site. Several ideas were discussed, including:

    • Sponsor Page - Frosty suggested that we include a page on the site that requests corporate sponsorships for products SMLUG works with. Also, there is a technology conference next year. Frosty can help us get a booth where we can put an informational poster about the club to attract sponsor interest and increase membership.
    • Presentations Page - Include old meeting presentations on the web site with links to the presentation .pdf's.
    • History Page - SMLUG started in the late 1990's. Frosty will contact old members and set up a page that includes a brief history of the club.
    • Blog Page - Include a blog page that will include discussions, Linux questions and answers.
    • Web Logo - Create different logos for holiday seasons.
    • Members Page - Have a place to put bios for current members.

    Asterisk: Kevin demonstrated the Asterisk server. SMLUG is going to set up Asterisk for group teleconferencing. The first phase is to set it up locally. Kevin set up a working Asterisk server on a Raspberry Pi that he demonstrated at the meeting. Several members configured their computers to connect to the Asterisk server.

    January 2014

    Don Newcomb presented a thorough look at AWK. His presentation titled: "A talk about AWK", covered a brief history and gave a clear explanation of what AWK is. Fields, patterns & actions were explained along with the basic syntax for use. For anyone like myself just having a first look at AWK, it presents enough information to interest you to dig further into all it is capable of.

    Previous meetings of 2013

    March 2013

    Presentation: Introduction to the Python programming language

    Don Newcomb presented a class on the Python programming language. He covered the basics including the programming environment, language basics and writing a simple program. Python is the 7th most popular language. Linux, including the Raspberry Pi project, makes extensive use of Python. The language is available for other platforms as well.

    Topic: WARP Project progress

    Michael and Kevin have DNS working on a Raspberry Pi. Next they will install DHCP. Depending on their progress, they may bring their Raspberry Pi in to test it as a network server at the next meeting.

    Topic: SMLUG and WARP project logos

    Michael is asking for submissions for an updated SMLUG logo. We are also looking for a logo for the WARP project and the O'Reilly User Group Program has supplied eBook Gift Certificates to be awarded to the designer of the chosen logo for both.

    Topic: O'Reilly books

    The group has received 4 books from O'Reilly for review. The books are "Python for Kids", "Getting Started With Raspberry Pi", "Arduino Cookbook (second edition)" and "Getting Started with MakerBot". The books are on loan to members willing to write a review and will then become available to the next member requesting it.

    Attendees:

    • Michael Rainey
    • Kevin Wise
    • Don Newcomb
    • George Stevens
    • Jan Goff

    Febrary 2013

    Presentation: Adafruit Data Logging Shield for Arduino - v1.0

    Kevin demonstrated an Arduino with a data logging sheild (Adafruit) that used a temperature and humidity sensor and logged the results to a PC or flash drive. He included the technical details for assembling the data shield (it comes as a kit) and the power/voltage requirements for the components.

    He covered Gnuplot and the commands to use it to view the data from the data logger. He showed the data that he collected one afternoon in his refrigerator (screenshot). Kevin shared a demonstration of the data logging to his PC using VNC server.

    Topic: Home Media Server

    Henry discussed connecting a WD TV Live streaming media player to a home network.

    Topic: WARP (Wireless Access Router Project)

    We discussed the requirements for a Raspberry Pi home router and several members took charge of the components of the WARP project:

    • OS: Raspbian
    • Wireless (Kevin): WRT54G ver. 6 (later, we will try a USB wireless card)
    • DHCP (Tom): BIND
    • DNS (Michael): BIND
    • NAT (Jan): iptables
    • 2nd RJ45 port (Tom): via USB

    There was some discussion of adding file sharing to the project once the basic router is up and running. Next month we will check with each other on progress.

    Topic: O'Reilly book review

    We discussed asking for an O'Reilly book for the Arduino for Kevin to review

    Attendees:

    • Kevin Wise
    • George Stevens
    • Henry Blanton
    • Michael Rainey
    • Jan Goff
    • Dave Reed
    • Tom Cannon
    • Don Newcomb

    January 2013

    January's meeting featured a presentation by Jan Goff detailing the alix2d2 system board by PC Engines. He has configured it with a wireless network card to operate as a portable Linux server providing wireless service during our meetings. It was in use during the meeting and provided an excellent connection. The group has met at several locations over the past few years and network connectivity for sharing files and reaching the internet has sometimes been a problem. Creating a sub-net with this device seems to be a good answer. It was also decided by the group to work together on a project using the RaspberyPI with a wireless router to create a similar device. We named the project WARP (Wireless Access Router Project). We will research project requirements and discuss the requirements at the next meeting.

    We also discussed future projects and asked for commitments for presentations at future meetings. Kevin set up a Drupal website in a Linux from scratch on his laptop. Henry discussed his remote camera setup and Michael discussed possible uses for his RaspberryPI including a DNS server for his home network.

    Attendees:

    • Kevin Wise
    • George Stevens
    • Henry Blanton
    • Michael Rainey
    • Jan Goff
    • Dave Reed
    • Tom Cannon

    Previous meetings of 2012

    December 2012

    Once again 'Tony's Brick Oven Pizzeria' proved itself to be a great choice for the December meeting. Although it wasn't an official meeting there were many discussions involving Linux. The idea of a group project was also mentioned and hopefully will move forward in the New Year. Thanks to all attending and also to every member for your continued support in 2013!

    November 2012

    Michael Rainey presented his overview of the Raspbery PI to the SMLUG. The overview consisted of what is the Raberry PI, what led to its creation, and some of it potiential. A demo was set to allow the audience to see first hand what can do and give them an opportunity to operate the Raspberry PI.

    Some business matters were discussed in regard to future activities for the SMLUG. A motion was made to start a group project to utilize some of the open hardware available in the marketplace. No project has been decided, however, there is hope one will be decided by the start of the new year.

    The SMLUG was greeted with one dedicated Linux user who made the trek from Starkville, MS just to attend one of our meetings. He seemed a little disappointed the BullyLUG in Starkville, MS appears to be inactive. We appreciated his visit and hope to have him attend in the future.

    October 2012

    Jan Goff presented his review of ClearOS. A Linux distribution whose designed for small business purposes.

    A discussion had started on Point of Sales Systems (POS). The discussion had distilled down to what should be done to a system which is over ten years old, the hardware is failing, and the software is still functioning as needed.

    A vote was taken for our future December meeting and a unannomous vote was made to return to Tony's Brickoven Pizerria. Our next meeting will deterine a date and time.

    We were also able to line up a topics for the first quarter of 2013. Something will need to be done to stay on top of the statuses of the future topics.

    September 2012

    Michael presented the Arduino to the SMLUG and attempted to answer the question, "What can one do with the Arduino?" The answer was whatever you can imagne. Several side discussions resulted in regard to the Arduino.

    Another discussion was held on the premire of the new GIMP Magazine. Opinions were shared and the opinons were positive.

    Attendees:

    • Kevin Wise
    • Jan Goff
    • Henry Blanton
    • Donald Newcomb
    • Kerwin Daveda
    • Dave Reed
    • Michael Rainey

    August 2012

    • ReactOS -- Donald Newcomb provided a demo on ReactOS giving everone a brief history of its development and some of its issues. He provided a demo ReactOS running on physical hardware.
    • ClearOS -- Jan Goff was unable to present his demo this month. Maybe he will be willing to give his demo in the September meeting.
    • TAILS -- Henry Blanton presented his demo of the TAILS OS. He provided an explanation of its intended purpose and demonstrated its ability to mimic a windows OS look and feel along with its ability to remove all traces of a user during logout.
    • Arduino Uno -- Michael Rainey gave an impromptoo demo of the arduino starter kit. The discussion focused on what the starter contained and how the arduino could be used. The answer is, what ever you want to do with is.
    • Future Topics -- The remainder of the meeting was used to brainstorm some future topics for the SMLUG. Many topics were suggested. Nothing was set in stone. We may need to brainstorm again and write this stuff down.

    July 2012

    Jan Goff presented his talk on the Domain Name System (DNS). His talk described what DNS is, how it is used in the world, and other side discussions developed from this discussion.

    One of the side topics that resulted from Jan's presentation were the various experiences and some inside knowledge of various hosting providers.

    Some interest was shown in the TAILS distribution. This Linux distribution is designed to help the end-user to maintain a reasonable amount of privacy while on the web and while on unknown guest computers.

    June 2012

    Four attendees were volunteered to provide an overview of four randomly chosen Linux Distros. The following volunteers will talk about the following distros:

    • ClearOS - Jan Goff -- Postponed until a later date.
    • Commodore - Tim Lewis -- Missing in action.
    • Unity - Thomas Weber -- Presented
    • Dream Linux - George Stevens -- Presented

    May 2012

    1. The following attendees demonstrated and discussed four Linux distros routinely used to complete daily tasks.
      • Scientific Linux - Stephen Berg
      • Arch Linux - Thomas Weber
      • Turnkey Linux - Michael Rainey
    2. Stephen's wife graciously provided brownies for the meeting. By the end everyone was enjoying a nice sugar buzz.
    3. Several side discussions were held to round out the afternoon.

    Attendees

    • Michael Rainey
    • Jan Goff
    • George Stevens
    • Thomas Weber
    • Stephen Berg
    • Tim Lewis

    April 2012

    1. Jan Goff and Michael Rainey provided a presentation on the use of PHP in a dynamic web page. Discussed some of its benefits and drawback. Provided some sample code to demonstrate setting up of a database connection.
    2. Other side topics were discussed out of earshot and were missed.

    Attendees

    • Melissa Beebe
    • John Beebe
    • George Stevens
    • Michael Rainey
    • Jan Goff
    • Stephen Berg
    • Bill Maloy
    • George Leonard
    • Henry Blanton
    • Dave Reed
    • Josh Charlton
    • Don Newcomb
    • Thomas Weber
    • Alex Jackson

    March 2012

    1. Jim Nanney provided a presentation on the basics of BASH scripting.
    2. A call out to the group was made seeking volunteers to provide topics and presentations for future meetings. It was stated topics should be provided by everyone, not just a few members.

    February 2012

    1. Jan provided a demo on the application called Big Blue Button.  The Big Blue Button was run on a local machine during the meeting providing everyone attending the meeting to have a great view of the presentation and for presentations in the future.
    2. Bill Maloy skipped the meeting to persue his dream of competetive coding.  He didn't do as well as he had hoped.  Probably due to partying all night before the event, not that he would admit it to anyone.  If he decides to attend another coding event, the SMLUG will need to conjure the ghost of Burgess Meredith to get him into shape and call him a bum while he trains.

    January 2012

    1. There was fantastic turnout for this months meeting. We came very close to reaching the maximum capacity of the room. This could be the largest number of people the SMLUG has seen in a long time.
    2. A presentation was given by Michael Rainey on configuring virtual hosts in ip-based and name-based for the Apache webserver.
    3. Some SMLUG business was discussed:
      • A request was made to the group to think of some topics for the upcoming year. There were total of seven topics suggested out of the twelve being sought. So take the opportunity to suggest a topic to help complete our goal.
      • A couple of members suggested to the group to consider installing Drupal onto the SMLUG wiki to help manage our content and work to improve the look and feel of the site.