[Smlug] CSpire posts fiber-to-home package prices :-/

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 11:42:06 EST 2014

But that's how we upgrade our infrastructure.  A new technology pushes out
high end services until the point where it becomes commonplace and replaces
the previous generation of technology.  Lower tier services still exist,
but typically the speed would go up keeping the price about the same.  If
fiber permeated the market, the low end services would still cost the same
but would be about 50-100 Mb/s

Cable did it to modems, fiber will do it to cable.  Maybe one day 10gLTE
will replace it all with wireless 10Gb/s..

--
Eric Ladner