[Smlug] Static electricity

Kevin Wise wiske57 at opensuse.us
Fri Jan 24 11:29:45 EST 2014

Been running the heater here a lot lately and looks like that will
continue... Have also been working on a few projects with Arduino and
noticing a lot of static electricity in the air. Good time to keep a pot
of water on the stove to add some humidity back the heat is removing as
it will cut down on the static. Haven't zapped anything yet but several
cold nights in the forecast yet. Good time to be aware and touch
something grounded before handling static sensitive parts. I've never
tried one of the static bands you can wear as I always think of the
radio experimenter who got zapped, permanently, through his headphones.

Kevin