[Smlug] Docker Presentation and Demonstration

tim lewis timlewis4645 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:46:51 EDT 2018

Hi SMLUG,

I am interested in presenting and demo'ing the basics of using Docker for
running Linux based containers.  I can present this during the October's
meeting.  Preliminarily, I would expect to cover the following:

- Basic Docker Vocabulary and Concepts
- installing Docker
- Running containers from Dockerhub
- Building your own Docker Images from Dockerfiles

I am writing to gauge the interest in such a presentation.  Would this be
something of interest for the group?  If so, are there any other specific
topics that you would like to see covered?

Thanks,

Tim Lewis