[Smlug] SMLUG: Meeting for Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 2:00pm

mjrainey at cableone.net mjrainey at cableone.net
Mon Jun 15 22:00:03 EDT 2020

Greetings SMLUG,

This is a notice for the upcoming meeting of the SMLUG on Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 2:00pm.
The meeting will be held at the following location:

Jitsi Meet
The meeting link will be sent an hour before the meeting
Virtual Meeting

The meeting for March 2020 had to be cancelled due to the thing that shall not be named, if you haven't been living under a rock you'll know what I'm talking about. The SMLUG did manage to settle on Jitsi's web app to continue holding its meetings.  The product has been working well, but a few members have experienced problems ranging from excessive CPU usage to audio and video not working.  There other options to test for future meetings.  Testing of these applications will be performed outside of the scheduled meetings.

For the meeting on May 16th the SMLUG will be holding open discussions on Linux, free, and open source related topics. Member's are encouraged to share topics and projects, if possible a short hands-on demo would be informative and welcomed. Our meetings are free and open to public.

See you there.

Michael Rainey
SMLUG BDFL